Anaheim Sod – Sod Delivered Daily
5 Steps for Anaheim Sod Installation and Preparation
- Measure Area. Multiply the length times the width. This gives you your total square footage to order.
- Soil Preparation. Clear the site of all rocks and debris larger than 2-3 inches in diameter. Rough grade the entire area to eliminate drainage problems. Add topsoil, if necessary, to achieve a total topsoil depth of 4-6 inches. Test the soil pH for balanced and healthy soil before installing sod. Lightly tamp or roll the topsoil to settle the surface and create an ideal surface for installing the sod.
- Order Sod Grass. Install immediately upon delivery.
- Lay Sod. Start at a straight line such as a driveway or walk. Lay out the sod as you would a rug or tiles. Make sure all joints are butted tightly together. Stagger the joints in each row like rows of bricks. Use a large sharp knife for shaping sod around trees, at flower beds or along borders. Roll the sod to smooth out small bumps and air pockets. This will assure good contact with the soil.
- Immediately Water. See Watering Schedule and Times.
Anaheim Weather and Growing Information
Like many other Southern Coastal cities, Anaheim experiences a Subtropical Mediterranean climate, enjoying mild winters and hot summers. Growing gardens and vegetation is good in just about every month of the year in Anaheim. Which means it is also good to install Anaheim sod grass.
Average Summer High Temperature: 86 degrees
Average Summer Low Temperature: 64 degrees
Average Winter High Temperature: 70 degrees
Average Winter Low Temperature: 48 degrees
Average Rainfall: 13.4 inches
Anaheim Sod Delivery
Orange County Sod Farm supplies and delivers these high quality, fresh straight from the farm, types of sod:
- Original Marathon Sod
- Marathon II Sod
- Marathon III Lite Sod
- St. Augustine Sod
- Tifgreen Bermuda Sod
- Greenwave Red Fescue
- Zeon Zoysias
Orange County Sod Farm delivers to all locations in Orange County. Buy sod in Anaheim, Buy sod in Irvine, Buy sod in Santa Ana, buy sod in Fullerton, buy sod in Costa Mesa, buy sod in Dana Point, buy sod in Mission Viejo, buy sod in Laguna Beach, buy sod in San Clemente, buy sod in Tustin, buy sod in Yorba Linda, buy sod in Orange, buy sod in Buena Park, buy sod in Lake Forest, buy sod in San Juan Capistrano, buy sod in Rancho Santa Margarita, buy sod in Laguna Niguel, buy sod in Laguna Woods, buy sod in Brea, buy sod in Cypress, buy sod in Aliso Viejo. buy sod in Los Alamitos. buy sod in Placentia, buy sod in Westminster, buy sod in Stanton.
Marathon III Lite Sod in Anaheim at Disneyland!
Marathon is such a high quality sod grass, it is used at Disneyland. It has a beautiful appearance with the least mow clippings. Marathon III is the state-of-the-art dwarf fescue combining slow growth and a rich, dark green carpet-like appearance. Here are the features of Marathon III Lite Sod:
Low activity levels
Slow injury recovery
Can take up to 10% shade
Mow between 1 ½’’ and 3’’
Substantially reduced clippings
Dark green year-round