Another cloudless day in the 70s and 80s. Welcome to Orange County!
Perfect Weather for a Healthy Sod Lawn
Orange County boasts some of the best weather in California for planting a garden or installing a new sod grass lawn in your backyard. Gardeners love the weather for planting year-round gardens and vegetables. The nearly 280 days of sunshine are ideal for a thriving landscape filled with flowers, grasses and trees.
When you lay sod depends in part on the type of grass you plan to grow. Your best bet is to lay sod during the active growing season. For cool-season grasses, the active growing season is spring to summer. These grasses become dormant during winter. Warm-season grasses can be planted from mid- to late spring, according to the University of California.
Climate in Orange County, California
- Orange County, California gets 14 inches of rain, on average, per year. The US average is 39 inches of rain per year.
- Orange County averages 0 inches of snow per year.The US average is 26 inches of snow per year.
- On average, there are 278 sunny days per year in Orange County. The US average is 205 sunny days.
- Summer High: the July high is around 83 degrees
- Winter Low: the January low is 46
Average Monthly Rainfall in Orange County
The weather for installing sod optimal in just about every month of the year in Orange County, with the exception of December, January, and February when some sod varieties are dormant.
March, April and May are some of the most popular months for homeowners to install new sod grass.
Buy Sod in Orange County
Grass is good for the environment!
- Lawns produce oxygen –2,500 s.f. supplies enough oxygen for a family of four.
- Turfgrass plays an important part in controlling our climate.
- Turfgrass is the best defense against soil erosion.
A healthy lawn requires planning. Orange County Sod Farm can help you choose the right sod grass for your yard or landscaping project. Give us a call today to learn more about our Types of Sod we deliver to all Orange County locations. We can help you plan the installation and preparation necessary for a beautiful sod grass lawn. 1-866-775-5455
Orange County Sod Farm offers:
- Original Marathon Sod
- Marathon II Sod
- Marathon III Lite Sod
- St. Augustine Sod
- Tifgreen Bermuda Sod
- Zeon Zoysias
- Pureblue Lite
- Ryeblue Lite